South Peace News
Seniors enjoyed a day of fun and games in Falher Feb. 28, which drew more than 80 people from the region.
Carpet bowling, cribbage and pool were the big games at Club Alouette.
“We had 82 people playing in the three sports,” says club secretary-treasurer Diane Dentinger, who co-ordinated the event.
Seniors from Falher welcomed visitors from Girouxville, Donnelly, McLennan, Nampa, Eaglesham and High Prairie areas, she says.
“It’s an annual activity day that brings seniors together for exercise and fellowship and a bit of friendly competition,” Dentinger says.
Following is a rundown of winners:
- Yvette Laflamme, Carol Parker, Henriette Turcotte and Rita Ouellette.
- Cecile Lambert, Monique Brulotte, Clem Arsenault and Henriette Briand.
- Roger Lambert, Roland Desharnais, Jeannine Desharnais and Frances Guette.
- Sylvianne Dion and Mary Kehler.
- Fern Chailler and Jean Baptist Blackburn.
- Raymond Begin and Francoise Dechief.
- Roland Turcotte.
- Charles Mackell.
Three more fun days are scheduled for the Smoky River region in March including March 5 in Donnelly at Club des Pionners, March 12 in Girouxville at Club Etoile and March 26 at the McLennan Golden Age Club. Games begin at 10 a.m.