Despite the heavy rain, 36 golfers converged at the 5 Star Golf Club for the first annual cash scramble.
“For the first year, this is a good turnout,” says organizer Dave Chapados. “We want to make it an annual event.”
It was a two-ball, best-ball tournament, with 18 holes of golf. The cost was $200 per two-person team.
There were two divisions of play, with payouts to fourth place in each. The names for the fourth place winners were not provided.
The other winners in the ‘A’ division were:
1. Stuart Moses and Damien Kappo, $500.
2. Carry Kilkenny and Darcie Imrie, $400.
3. Denis Turcotte and Denis Turcotte, $300.
The other winners in the ‘B’ division were:
1. Clem Monfette and Boyd Langford, $500.
2. Marc Tardif and Vic Tardif, $400.
3. Isaac Hudson and Nic Hudson, $300.
There were also several hole prizes of $20 each, in each division.
Chapados says this tournament could be held earlier in the season next year, and that there’s also a possibility of holding two of them.
This tournament was the last for the 5 Star Golf Club for the season. The club will stay open until the end of September.