The weather was warm and sunny on July 23, a great day for 18 holes of golf.
The 5 Star Golf Club, south of Falher, hosted their annual couples tournament, with 48 people participating.
Dave Chapodos, the coordinator, is pleased with how the event went.
“We had a mixture of members and non-members,” he says.
“It shows our club is growing in popularity. The condition of the course is second to none. The event gets bigger and better each year and the competition gets stronger.”
The first round of nine holes consisted of alternate shot. The second round was the two-ball, best-ball format.
The tournament was divided into three flights, with eight couples each. The winners in each flight were:
1. Dave and Cindy Chapados, with a score of 73.
2. Rene Babineau and Rita Lapensee, with a score of 78.
3. Roger and Holly Turcotte, with a score of 83.
1. Brianna Cassel and Konrad Turcotte, with a score of 78.
2. Richard Rochon and Collin Gervais, with a score of 83.
3. Darren Laflamme and Taylor Osmond, with a score of 85 on count back.
1. Tony White and Leanna Aubin, with a score of 88 on count back.
2. Danika and Roland Duval, with a score of 88.
3. Bernie and Louise Duval, with a score of 90 on count back.
Each winning couple receive prizes by draw.
Men’s Night was held on July 28 and the proceeds from the event went to the Smoky River Palliative Care Society.
Also, the junior tournament will be held at the 5 Star Golf Club on Aug. 20.