On January 24, 2018 at approximately 9:30 p.m. Grande Prairie RCMP traffic unit attempted to stop a vehicle for distracted driving. The vehicle failed to stop and evaded police. A short time later police located the driver in a different vehicle near a residence. The driver was arrested without incident. During a search of the first vehicle police located: 2 grams of heroin, 23.5 grams cocaine, 64.6 grams psilocybin, 16 grams of marihuana, 1 gram of methamphetamine, a small amount of ammunition, and $1450 in Canadian currency.
Jamison HUDGINS (30) of Grande Prairie has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Cocaine for the purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Heroin for the purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Cannabis for the purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Psilocybin for the purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Methamphetamine for the purpose of Trafficking
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime less than $5000
- Fail to stop for police
- Resist Arrest
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order
- Possession of Firearm while Prohibited x 3
- Distracted Driving (TSA)
HUDGINS has been remanded in custody until January 29, 2018.
If you have any information about this incident or any other crime to please call the Grande Prairie RCMP at 780-830-5700 or call your local police detachment. If you want to remain anonymous, you can contact Crime Stoppers by phone at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), by internet at www.tipsubmit.com, or by SMS.