Smoky Lanes Bowling in Girouxville was a busy place on Jan. 20 and 21, as 10 teams participated in the ‘Bowling for a Cure’ cancer fundraiser.
“It was a great weekend and everybody had fun,” says Lynn Florence, manager.
The cost was $60 per person on a team of four, which included two games minimum and dinner the second night.
The teams were divided into ‘A’ and ‘B’ Divisions. The winners in each division are as follows:
1. Miracle Bowlers – Gary Braithwaite, Fern Laderoute, Lil Trudeau and Lil Trudeau.
2. Pin Quins – Johanne Girard, Chantal L’abbe, Monique Maure and Nicole Maure.
3. Killin’ Cancer – Denis Dentinger, Killer Girard, Henri Poirier and Henriette Turcotte.
1. Kelly & Da Boys – Curtis Hansen, Kelly Roy, Marcel Roy and Ryan Roy.
2. Hakuna Ma Tata – Brian Girard, Chrystal Young, Dani Young and Rob Young.
3. Mixers – Diane Blanchette, Ray Blanchette, Butch Gagnon and Rene Maure.
Also, ‘The Cell Mates’ received a prize for best costumes. The team consisted of Jeralyn Long, Helene Hausler, Simonne Stern and Suzanne Skubleny. See the front page photo for details.
A silent auction and a raffle were held as part part of the tournnament.
This year’s tournament raised $1,947.50, which is up from $1,350 last year. All the proceeds will go to Haying in the Thirties.
The next tournament that Smoky Lanes Bowling is hosting is on February 11, featuring an Hawaiian theme.
The cost is $60 per person for a team of four. There will be a prize for the best costume.
For more information or to register, please call the bowling alley at (780) 323-4244.